EVERY WORD OF GOD FOR DAILY LIVING
BY PASTOR PAUL RIKA:
INTERNATIONAL DIRECTOR Holiness Revival Movement Worldwide
TITLE: CHRISTIAN MARRIAGE IN PERSPECTIVE
DATE: MONDAY, 20TH DECEMBER, 2021
KEY VERSE: PROVERBS 18:22
Whoso findeth a wife findeth a good thing, and obtaineth favour of the LORD.
1. There is a Christian way of marriage that is righteous, holy and God-honoring. The couple desiring to marry must be born again and righteous.
2. Individuals going into marriage must do so under their free will.
3. Physical maturity is required for marriage. It is required also that the man should be able to provide for his family.
4. Prayer, faith, discernment and counselling are required to marry according to God’s will.
5. Medical verification on essential things such as deadly disease, impotency and blood genotype is required to avoid sorrow after marriage.
6. Parental consent and dowry payment is required.
7. The period of courtship must be handled sensitively and righteously.
8. Believers must not follow the standard of the world in marriage.
9. The church and its marriage committee play an important role in the marriage of her godly children, according to God’s will.
10. Fruitfulness in life and ministry largely depends on the stability of the marriage of God’s children. Eternity too may depend upon it.
11. Church wedding makes marriage holy and honourable. It is not for those already married and staying together or that have defiled themselves.
12. Young widows and widowers may re-marry.
Keep yourself pure as a single, or as one in courtship or as one in widowhood. Pray earnestly to overcome any delay in getting a suitor or fruit of the womb.
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY: Marrying according to God’s will makes your home God’s habitation.
SONG FOR THE DAY: O Give us Christian homes.
BIBLE READING FOR THE DAY: Micah 4-5; Revelation 11