EVERY WORD OF GOD FOR DAILY LIVING
BY PASTOR PAUL RIKA:
INTERNATIONAL DIRECTOR Holiness Revival Movement Worldwide
TITLE: DON’T DIE IN A FAR COUNTRY
TEXT: LUKE 15: 17-21
(17) And when he came to himself, he said, How many hired servants of my father’s have bread enough and to spare, and I perish with hunger!
(18) I will arise and go to my father, and will say unto him, Father, I have sinned against heaven, and before thee,
(19) And am no more worthy to be called thy son: make me as one of thy hired servants.
(20) And he arose, and came to his father. But when he was yet a great way off, his father saw him, and had compassion, and ran, and fell on his neck, and kissed him.
(21) And the son said unto him, Father, I have sinned against heaven, and in thy sight, and am no more worthy to be called thy son.
KEY VERSE: JEREMIAH 3:12
Go and proclaim these words toward the north, and say, Return, thou backsliding Israel, saith the LORD; and I will not cause mine anger to fall upon you: for I am merciful, saith the LORD, and I will not keep anger forever.
There is great danger if you die being far away from God: (1) Angels will not carry you to heaven, because you do not qualify. (2) God will send your soul to hell. (3) Your righteous relations, parents, friends and acquaintances in Christ shall not see you in heaven. (4) The material things you got in far country life shall never be traced. (5) There shall be no remembrance of you in Book of life.
There is danger in living far away from God. Death can strike at any time. There is danger in delaying to coming back to God. The door can be closed against you. You may go too far to come back. Don’t be deceived by tricks of Satan like pleasure, lusts, power, riches, beauty and friendship with the world.
The prodigal son delivered his soul by taking these positive steps to return:
· Realization: I am perishing away from home.
· Resolution: I will arise and go to my father.
· Repentance: I have sinned; I am no more worthy.
· Return: He arose and came to his father.
· Reconciliation: The father received him with a kiss.
· Re-clothing: The father re-clothed him.
· Rejoicing: There was feasting and merry-making.
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY: Don’t die in a far country. Come back home. The Father is waiting for you!
SONG FOR THE DAY: Until I reach my home (2x), I will never….
BIBLE READING FOR THE DAY: Jeremiah 27-28; 2 Timothy 4