EVERY WORD OF GOD FOR DAILY LIVING
BY PASTOR PAUL RIKA:
INTERNATIONAL DIRECTOR Holiness Revival Movement Worldwide
TITLE: EXERCISE WISDOM IN LOVE
TEXT: JAMES 1:4-6
4) But let patience have her perfect work, that ye may be perfect and entire, wanting nothing.
5) If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him.
6) But let him ask in faith, nothing wavering. For he that wavereth is like a wave of the sea driven with the wind and tossed.
KEY VERSE: PROVERBS 4:7
Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding.
The Word of God must dwell in the believer richly in all wisdom. This calls for proper interpretation of scripture, right discernment of the truth and guidance of the Holy Spirit. Love must always be pure and must aim at the ultimate good of the other person. Wisdom calls for the right action to be taken to achieve the desired end. Godly wisdom is pure, undefiled and is given by God. Every man must exercise wisdom in love. Wisdom cautions and advises. Where wisdom is lacking, we must pray for it.
- Wisdom may demand withdrawal or change of attitude in order to overcome temptation, recover from chastisement and maintain purity.
- Wisdom may advise that some good be withheld from another temporarily in order to reprove or correct the person of wrong behaviour.
- Wisdom learns from personal experience and the experience of others.
- Wisdom may suggest the right action to be taken for purpose of precaution and safety.
- Wisdom delivers from danger. Thus, while we are commanded to love our enemy, the Spirit of wisdom teaches us what to do and how to apply scripture and avoid harm from our enemies, as seen in David and Saul.
In this world of apostasy, mixed multitude and satanism in the church, we must love with discernment and wisdom in order not to be destroyed by the enemy. Wisdom is required in ministry, parenting and leadership. Fervent love must continue among us as Brethren. This love is shed in our hearts by the Holy Ghost at salvation. It must be practised in the bounds of scripture and in the wisdom and guidance of the Holy Spirit.
Wherefore he saith, Awake thou that sleepest, and arise from the dead, and Christ shall give thee light. See then that ye walk circumspectly, not as fools, but as wise, Redeeming the time, because the days are evil.
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY: Love without wisdom can become harmful.
SONG FOR THE DAY: Send down Your power, we pray Thee oh Lord…
BIBLE READING FOR THE DAY: Proverbs 5-6; 1 Corinthians 14:1-20