EVERY WORD OF GOD FOR DAILY LIVING
BY PASTOR PAUL RIKA:
INTERNATIONAL DIRECTOR Holiness Revival Movement Worldwide
TITLE: GUIDING PRINCIPLES ON CHRISTIAN DRESSING
TEXT: MATTHEW 5:14-16
(14) Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid.
(15) Neither do men light a candle, and put it under a bushel, but on a candlestick; and it giveth light unto all that are in the house.
(16) Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.
KEY VERSE: 1 CORINTHIANS 10:31
Whether therefore ye eat, or drink, or whatsoever ye do, do all to the glory of God.
- The dress must cover the body to avoid being a stumbling block to others (1Timothy 2:9).
- Avoid worldly fashions and designs aimed at corrupting society (James 4:4).
- A woman must not put on a man’s garment; neither should a man put on a woman’s dress (Deuteronomy 22:5).
- Trousers are strictly for men any form of trouser by whatever name it is called is forbidden for women. Christian virtues of meekness, gentleness, humility, temperance, goodness and modesty must be seen in the Believer’s comportment.
- Avoid flamboyance in dressing (1Timothy 2:10, 2 Peter 1:5-8, 3:1-6 and Galatians 5:22-23).
- The Believer must be an example to other Believers in his or her clothing (1Timothy 4:12).
- He or she must not dress to show off (Galatians 5:26).
- Projecting the glory of God must be the sole aim in bodily clothing (1Corinthians 10:31).
Believers have the liberty to use as many designs or styles of clothing as they desire, as long as they do not transgress scriptural principles. Some churches prohibit their members from using some clothes. Some of these prohibitions are the traditions of such churches and have no scriptural backing. We must not condemn anyone for what he or she puts on which does not transgress against the law of decency, nor violate the scripture. What you don’t want to put on, another person wants to and he is not sinning against God for doing so.
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY: Divine revelation messages are for the good of mankind.
SONG FOR THE DAY: All glory glory glory to the Lord…
BIBLE READING FOR THE DAY: Jeremiah 31-32; Titus 2