EVERY WORD OF GOD FOR DAILY LIVING
BY PASTOR PAUL RIKA:
INTERNATIONAL DIRECTOR Holiness Revival Movement Worldwide
TITLE: HOW PRECIOUS IS YOUR LOVE, O LORD!
TEXT: ROMANS 8:35-39
(35) Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword?
(36) As it is written, For thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter.
(37) Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us.
(38) For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,
(39) Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.
KEY VERSE: PSALM 36:7
How excellent is thy lovingkindness, O God! therefore the children of men put their trust under the shadow of thy wings.
Ephesians 3:16-21 says, “That he would grant you, according to the riches of his glory, to be strengthened with might by his Spirit in the inner man; That Christ may dwell in your hearts by faith; that ye, being rooted and grounded in love, May be able to comprehend with all saints what is the breadth, and length, and depth, and height; And to know the love of Christ, which passeth knowledge, that ye might be filled with all the fullness of God. Now unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us, Unto him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus throughout all ages, world without end. Amen.”
Yes, the One who watches over you is your Friend; this implies concern, and it implies faithfulness. It implies a desire on My part to bring you through every difficult place. Remember that I gave My life for you; that means lasting love. Your need is therefore very near to My heart always. “Now unto Him that is able to keep you from falling, and to present you faultless before the presence of His glory with exceeding joy (Jude 24).”
Progress is slowed immeasurably when you allow exceptions to rules made for yourself for My sake. When an exception is consciously and willfully made in the way of obedience, it means those precious gains achieved with Me are needlessly thrown away. Exceptions allowed, where there should have been firmness, simply mean that the way is open to yet more lapses. Returning to old ways, which you were beginning to leave behind, means that evil can invade and cause a sequence of trouble. If in response to My love, your intent is upon avoiding all sins, you know that I am pledged to help you. Your confidence in My absolute sufficiency is the way to hold on to those gains you have made in the spiritual life.
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY: God is love.
SONG FOR THE DAY: He loves me I cannot tell why….
BIBLE READING FOR THE DAY: Isaiah 7-9; Galatians 4