EVERY WORD OF GOD FOR DAILY LIVING
BY PASTOR PAUL RIKA:
INTERNATIONAL DIRECTOR Holiness Revival Movement Worldwide
TITLE: LESSONS FROM FIRST AND SECOND COMING OF CHRIST
DATE: TUESDAY 30th NOVEMBER, 2021
(9) And when he had spoken these things, while they beheld, he was taken up; and a cloud received him out of their sight.
(10) And while they looked stedfastly toward heaven as he went up, behold, two men stood by them in white apparel;
(11) Which also said, Ye men of Galilee, why stand ye gazing up into heaven? this same Jesus, which is taken up from you into heaven, shall so come in like manner as ye have seen him go into heaven.
KEY VERSE: REVELATION 22:12
Behold I come quickly, and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be.
At His first coming, Jesus came as:
· A Savior to save us from sins
· A Lamb of God to sacrifice Himself for our salvation
· A Mediator to reconcile us to God
· Our Righteousness to put us in right standing with God
· Our Deliverer to destroy the works of Satan in our lives and set us free
· Our Fullness to give us abundant life
· Our Restoration to restore man to the image of God
After Jesus Christ accomplished His mission, He went back to heaven and gave us His Word, grace, church and commission. We are preparing for His second coming as people preparing for a wedding. The preparation is both personal and congregational.
Preparing for His coming requires the following:
· A ready spirit to go beyond the normal or average as seen in many Christians because the nearer His coming the fiercer the battle
· Constant study of God’s Word to know the truth and overcome sin and Satan
· Holy living through faith in Christ and constant prayer for God’s grace
· Evangelism and Soul-winning to bring sinners to Christ by making them to turn away from sin and confess Jesus Christ and thereafter live a holy life.
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY: Are you prepared to meet the Bridegroom?
SONG FOR THE DAY: He’s coming back again Jesus is coming back again….
BIBLE READING FOR THE DAY: Ezekiel 43-44; 2 Peter 2