EVERY WORD OF GOD FOR DAILY LIVING
BY PASTOR PAUL RIKA:
INTERNATIONAL DIRECTOR Holiness Revival Movement Worldwide
TITLE: LET NOT YOUR GIVING BE DAMNABLE, BUT REWARDABLE
TEXT: MATTHEW 6:1-4 KJV
(1) Take heed that ye do not your alms before men, to be seen of them: otherwise ye have no reward of your Father which is in heaven.
(2) Therefore when thou doest thine alms, do not sound a trumpet before thee, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and in the streets, that they may have glory of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward.
(3) But when thou doest alms, let not thy left hand know what thy right hand doeth:
(4) That thine alms may be in secret: and thy Father which seeth in secret himself shall reward thee openly.
KEY VERSE: PHILIPPIANS 2:3 KJV
Let nothing be done through strife or vainglory; but in lowliness of mind let each esteem other better than themselves.
· Guard against pride and high-mindedness in your life due to praise and honour of men
· Guard against rough and arrogant utterances due to pride.
· Guard against men giving you worship and undue praise due to the kindness they enjoy from you.
· Do not over-enrich a church or a man of God till they lose focus on God and begin to serve money.
· If you have much to give, remember other true churches and men of God. God wants them to enjoy His sufficient supply too.
· Make sure you do not remove the faith of the man in God from God to yourself, and that you do not take over the control of the man of God or the church from God through your money.
· Deal wisely and humbly in all situations.
· In wisdom, use diverse methods in ministering your gifts for the purpose of protecting yourself and others, giving all the glory to God.
· Pray always for God to give you sufficient grace and victory against Satan who always seeks to corrupt your service before God.
Some cases of Christian giving may require sufficient counsel before you embark on them. Seek godly counsel in such cases, that your good deed may not be misinterpreted. You may be poor or in need requiring help, do not put your trust in man or even in the good man that God uses to bless you. Put your trust in God. Let your heart stay with God. He is the one that uses man to do good.
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY: Deal wisely and humbly in all situations.
SONG FOR THE DAY: Take my life and let it be consecrated Lord to Thee
BIBLE READING FOR THE DAY: Isaiah 41-42; Colossians 1