EVERY WORD OF GOD FOR DAILY LIVING BY PASTOR PAUL RIKA:
INTERNATIONAL DIRECTOR Holiness Revival Movement Worldwide
TITLE: LET YOUR DRESSING GLORIFY GOD
TEXT: MATTHEW 5:14-16 KJV
14) Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid.
15) Neither do men light a candle, and put it under a bushel, but on a candlestick; and it giveth light unto all that are in the house.
16) Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.
KEY VERSE: 1 CORINTHIANS 10:31
Whether therefore ye eat, or drink, or whatsoever ye do, do all to the glory of God.
- The dress must cover the body to avoid being a stumbling block to others (1 Timothy 2:9).
- Avoid worldly fashions and designs aimed at corrupting society (James 4:4).
- A woman must not put on a man’s dress; neither should a man put on a woman’s dress (Deuteronomy 22:5). Trousers are strictly for men and any kind of trouser by whatever name it is called is forbidden for women.
- Christian virtues of meekness, gentleness, humility, temperance, goodness and modesty must be seen in the believer’s comportment. Avoid flamboyance in dressing (2 Peter 1:5-8 and Galatians 5:22-23).
- The Believer must be an example to other believers in his or her clothing (1 Timothy 4:12).
- He or she must not dress for show-off (Galatians 5:26).
- Projecting the glory of God must be the sole aim in bodily clothing (1Corinthians 10:31).
The wedding garment used by the people of the world is transparent and does not cover properly. Some parts of the bride’s body are made bare. The Christian bride’s wedding garment must be decent and must cover her body properly. For this purpose, she may avoid renting a wedding garment but sew one for herself to satisfy her Christian conviction. Believers have the liberty to use as many designs or styles of clothing as they desire, as long as they do not transgress scriptural principles.
Some churches prohibit their members from using some kinds of dress or clothes. Some of these prohibitions are the traditions of such churches and have no scriptural backing. We must not condemn anyone for what he or she puts on which does not transgress the law of decency nor violate the scripture.
We must not judge, belittle or condemn one another on what does not transgress God’s commandment. What you don’t want to put on, another person wants to and he is not sinning against God for doing so.
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY: Avoid worldly dressing. Dress clean, decent and holy.
SONG FOR THE DAY: Create in me a clean heart O Lord.
BIBLE READING FOR THE DAY: Psalm 79-81; Romans 8:1-18