EVERY WORD OF GOD FOR DAILY LIVING BY PASTOR PAUL RIKA:
INTERNATIONAL DIRECTOR Holiness Revival Movement Worldwide
TITLE: OBSTACLES IN THE HEAVENLY RACE
DATE: MONDAY MAY 10 2021
TEXT: PHILIPPIANS 3:12-15
KEY VERSE: “Wherefore, holy brethren, partakers of the heavenly calling, consider the Apostle and High Priest of our profession, Christ Jesus” (Hebrews 3:1)
God has called us to a high, holy and heavenly calling, so your names have been enrolled in heaven. Considering the total population of about 7 billion humans on earth, are we sure the names in the book of life is up to Five Hundred Million? We are so blessed to have our names are in the book of life. However, the Lord wants to warn you of some obstacles on the way to heaven.
1 Corinthians. 9: 24-27, “24 Know ye not that they which run in a race run all, but one receiveth the prize? So run, that ye may obtain. 25 And every man that striveth for the mastery is temperate in all things. Now they do it to obtain a corruptible crown; but we an incorruptible. 26 I therefore so run, not as uncertainly; so, fight I, not as one that beateth the air: 27 But I keep under my body, and bring it into subjection: lest that by any means, when I have preached to others, I myself should be a castaway.”
What are the things that remove people’s names from the Book of life?
(1) Unbelief: Peter began to sink when he looked away from Jesus. Israelites disbelieved God despite wonders He did on their way to Canaan.
(2) The Flesh: The flesh is a big obstacle. If you don’t manage your flesh or body it will remove your name from the book of life;
(3) The Word: Be careful with the cares of this world.
(4) Family: Do not allow the pressure from your family members to stop you from Heaven
(5) Money: Remember Judas sold Jesus for 30 pieces of Silver. Do not love money more than God;
(6) Satan: Jesus was tempted but He overcame. You must also overcome Satan
Thought of the day: Lest after preaching to others I should be cast away.
Song of the day: Heavenly race, I no go tire….
Bible reading for the day: 1 Kings 21-22; John 3:1-21