EVERY WORD OF GOD FOR DAILY LIVING
BY PASTOR PAUL RIKA:
INTERNATIONAL DIRECTOR Holiness Revival Movement Worldwide
TITLE: PREPARE YOURSELF FOR THE RETURN OF JESUS
DATE: FRIDAY, AUGUST 27TH, 2021
TEXT: ACTS 1:9-11 KJV
9) And when he had spoken these things, while they beheld, he was taken up; and a cloud received him out of their sight.
10) And while they looked steadfastly toward heaven as he went up, behold, two men stood by them in white apparel;
11) Which also said, Ye men of Galilee, why stand ye gazing up into heaven? this same Jesus, which is taken up from you into heaven, shall so come in like manner as ye have seen him go into heaven.
KEY VERSE: REVELATION 22:12
Behold I come quickly, and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be.
Jesus promised to return for His people to take them home in rapture. The signs of His return are revealed to us through various happenings and revelations. Heaven is fully prepared for this great spiritual event. When we say Jesus is coming back to the world, the question arises, “Where is He now?” He is in heaven: the abode of the true God, the place of everlasting life. When we say, Jesus is coming to the earth again, the question also arises: “Has He been in the earth before?” Yes, He came physically in the earthly human body. “Who is He?” He is the Lord.
He came as:
· A Saviour to save us from our sin.
· A Lamb of God to sacrifice Himself for our salvation.
· A Mediator to reconcile us to God.
· Our Righteousness to put us in right standing with God
· Our Deliverer to destroy the works of Satan in our lives and set us free.
· Our Fullness to give us abundant life.
· Our Restoration to restore us to the image of God.
After Jesus Christ accomplished His mission, he went back to heaven and gave us the following: (a) His Word (b) His Grace (c) His Church (d) His Commission.
Jesus is almost here and all eyes shall see him. What is the mission of His return?
He is coming to:
· Rapture His saints to be with Him in His Father’s house.
· Judge the sinful world and condemn sinners to everlasting fire.
· Cast Satan and his demons from among men and confine them to everlasting fire.
· Establish an everlasting kingdom where righteousness reigns.
· Give eternal rewards and comfort to His people.
We are preparing for His coming as people preparing for a wedding. The preparation is both personal and congregational. Preparing for His coming requires:
· A Ready Spirit: Go beyond the normal, the average as seen in other Christians because the nearer His coming, the fiercer the battle. Satan is waging war against man, the church and the world.
· Constant Study of God’s Word: to know the truth and be free from sin and Satan.
· Righteousness & Holy Living: through faith in Christ and constant prayer for God’s sufficient grace.
· Evangelism and Soul Winning: to bring sinners to Christ by making them turn away from sin and confess Jesus Christ and thereafter live a holy life.
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY: Are you prepared to meet your groom?
SONG FOR THE DAY: He’s coming back again … he went away and promised
BIBLE READING FOR THE DAY: Psalm 132-135; 1 Corinthians 8