EVERY WORD OF GOD FOR DAILY LIVING
BY PASTOR PAUL RIKA:
INTERNATIONAL DIRECTOR Holiness Revival Movement Worldwide
TITLE: STEADFASTNESS OF A DETERMINED SOUL
TEXT: RUTH 1: 15-19
(15) And she said, Behold, thy sister in law is gone back unto her people, and unto her gods: return thou after thy sister in law.
(16) And Ruth said, Intreat me not to leave thee, or to return from following after thee: for whither thou goest, I will go; and where thou lodgest, I will lodge: thy people shall be my people, and thy God my God:
(17) Where thou diest, will I die, and there will I be buried: the Lord do so to me, and more also, if ought but death part thee and me.
(18) When she saw that she was stedfastly minded to go with her, then she left speaking unto her.
(19) So they two went until they came to Bethlehem. And it came to pass, when they were come to Bethlehem, that all the city was moved about them, and they said, Is this Naomi?
KEY VERSE: RUTH 1:16
And Ruth said, Intreat me not to leave thee, or to return from following after thee: for whither thou goest, I will go; and where thou lodgest, I will lodge: thy people shall be my people, and thy God my God:
I will never leave you. Your people are the people of Promise. God made a covenant with Abraham over your own people. I have come across someone that will take me among these people. Nothing but death will separate between me and you. Where you lodge I will be there, in fact, I am going to serve you in that place. Yes, where you will die and be buried, I will die after you and be buried there. May the Almighty Creator do evil to my life if I don’t keep to the promise I have made.”
Dear friend, did God show you kindness? Did God give salvation? Did God give you deliverance? Did God show His goodness to you? Why have you not promised to serve Him? Why have you not spoken like Ruth? This God shall be my God forever and ever. He will be my guide from now even to the end. Why don’t you make that promise? Why are you trying to be careless? Oh the people didn’t treat me well, if you see the way the people treated me, In fact, I don’t like those people. Was Ruth treated well? Naomi was rather pushing her to go back. Was it actually Naomi or God who was testing Ruth? Ruth passed God’s test.
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY: For this God is my God forever and ever.
SONG FOR THE DAY: For this God is my God, Forever and ever, He will be….
BIBLE READING FOR THE DAY: Lamentations 3-5; Hebrews 8