EVERY WORD OF GOD FOR DAILY LIVING
BY PASTOR PAUL RIKA:
INTERNATIONAL DIRECTOR Holiness Revival Movement Worldwide
TITLE: TEACH AND ENCOURAGE PURITY IN MARRIAGE
DATE: TUESDAY 29th NOVEMBER, 2021
(1) Furthermore, then we beseech you, brethren, and exhort you by the Lord Jesus, that as ye have received of us how ye ought to walk and to please God, so ye would abound more and more.
(2) For ye know what commandments we gave you by the Lord Jesus.
(3) For this is the will of God, even your sanctification, that ye should abstain from fornication:
(4) That every one of you should know how to possess his vessel in sanctification and honour;
(5) Not in the lust of concupiscence, even as the Gentiles which know not God:
(6) That no man go beyond and defraud his brother in any matter: because that the Lord is the avenger of all such, as we also have forewarned you and testified.
(7) For God hath not called us unto uncleanness, but unto holiness.
KEY VERSE: 1 THESSALONIANS 4:7
For God hath not called us unto uncleanness, but unto holiness.
Again, we must marry honourably and preserve our marriages honorably. Don’t despise marriage for it is an honourable thing. Don’t say, I don’t bother whether I marry or not. It is an honorable thing. And when you want to marry, marry honourably, holily and righteously. Don’t abuse marriage because marriage is an honorable thing. Do nothing to hinder holy marriage as a father, mother, relation or friend. Do not hinder or affect marriage. Do not ever tamper with the marriage union because it is an honourable thing and God respects it.
Again, rejoice with them that are in marriage. When people are marrying, feel happy with them. It is a good thing, rejoice with them. Again, attend the marriage ceremony of loved ones where you can. Why should a marriage be going on in the church and people don’t think that anything is going on? They feel it’s not an activity. Something that God honors, something God respects. Marriage is going on, you feel it is nothing when you will come and cheer up Jesus? Are you not going to welcome Jesus who is going to be there? Respect marriage and where you can, attend it.
Support intending couples morally and financially and bless the newlywed with gifts to make them rejoice and have a wonderful experience. It is an honorable thing. Show them that God has honored them as they enter an honorable institution. Bless them with gifts and praise God for His works in marriage.
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY: Believers must honor marriage for God has made marriage honorable.
SONG FOR THE DAY: To God be the glory great things He has done
BIBLE READING FOR THE DAY: Ezekiel 41-42; 2 Peter 1