EVERY WORD OF GOD FOR DAILY LIVING
BY PASTOR PAUL RIKA:
INTERNATIONAL DIRECTOR Holiness Revival Movement Worldwide
TITLE: VISIBLE SIGNS THAT PROVE YOU ARE A CHILD OF LIGHT
TEXT: EPHESIANS 4:17-32 (Please refer to your Bible for scripture reference)
KEY VERSE: EPHESIANS 4:22
That ye put off concerning the former conversation the old man, which is corrupt according to the deceitful lusts;
God is light and there is no darkness in Him (1 John 1:5). True children of God walk in the light and not in darkness (1 John 1:6). Not everybody who calls on the name of Jesus belongs to Him; not everybody in the Church is a true child of God. There are all kinds of Christians in the church. Beyond saying, “I am a Christian” or “I belong to this church or that church” or “I am a pastor,” there are signs that should signpost your life to prove your identity in Christ Jesus.
1. Your life will make you stand out in the dark world. “Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid. Neither do men light a candle, and put it under a bushel, but on a candlestick; and it giveth light unto all that are in the house (Matthew 5:14-15).”
2. Your life will bring glory to God. “Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven (Matthew 5:16).”
3. You will live a new life in Christ and people will witness to it – the life of righteousness and holiness. “That ye put off concerning the former conversation the old man, which is corrupt according to the deceitful lusts; And be renewed in the spirit of your mind; And that ye put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness (Ephesians 4:22-24).”
4. You will not be a partaker of evil works of darkness. “And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather reprove them. For it is a shame even to speak of those things which are done of them in secret. But all things that are reproved are made manifest by the light: for whatsoever doth make manifest is light (Ephesians 5:11-13).”
5. You will become a role model that others will want to emulate. “Be ye followers of me, even as I also am of Christ (1 Corinthians 11:1).” “Ye are witnesses, and God also, how holily and justly and unblameably we behaved ourselves among you that believe (1 Thessalonians 2:10).”
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY: The life you live is what announces you as a Christian, not your confession.
SONG FOR THE DAY: Let others see Jesus in you, let others see Jesus…..
BIBLE READING FOR THE DAY: Isaiah 1-3; Galatians 2