EVERY WORD OF GOD FOR DAILY LIVING
BY PASTOR PAUL RIKA:
INTERNATIONAL DIRECTOR Holiness Revival Movement Worldwide
TITLE: WE ARE TO MAKE DISCIPLES, NOT JUST CONVERTS
DATE: TUESDAY 26th NOVEMBER, 2021
TEXT: MARK 16:15-20
(15) And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.
(16) He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved, but he that believeth not shall be damned.
(17) And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;
(18) They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.
(19) So then after the Lord had spoken unto them, he was received up into heaven and sat on the right hand of God.
(20) And they went forth, and preached everywhere, the Lord working with them, and confirming the word with signs following. Amen.
KEY VERSE: JOHN 15:16
Ye have not chosen Me, but I have chosen you, and ordained you, that ye should go and bring forth fruit, and that your fruit should remain: that whatsoever ye shall ask of the Father in my name, he may give it you.
The Great Commission is all-inclusive. The scope is the world, covering all peoples and tribes and nations. These have their norms and traditions, lifestyles and inclinations. We should preach with the aim of converting those we preach to. This is achieved by lifting up Jesus before men, telling them the truth, bringing them to repentance and faith in Christ.
God expects us to mature those who have accepted the gospel of Christ and make them conform to the image of Christ. Our aim is to do the following:
· Dissolve the convert’s man-made traditions, human philosophies and make him conform to biblical doctrine and standard.
· Change his personal, family and tribal inclinations to the inclination and orientation of the new man in Christ.
· Change his outward comportment and make him comply to biblical standard of Christian dressing.
· Remove his heart from the pleasures of this world and make him heaven-focused.
· Establish him in the word to enable him live a life of holiness.
· Make him know how to personally love the Lord, commune with the Lord and be in increasing fellowship with Him.
· Train him on soul-winning to enable him to convert and disciple others as service to the Lord in hope of eternal rewards.
The Great Commission is an urgent assignment. Let all hands be on deck.
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY: I will make you fishers of men.
SONG FOR THE DAY: Here am I, send me.
BIBLE READING FOR THE DAY: Ezekiel 36-37; 1 Peter 3